Welcome to Flomark Design Build, specializing in interior architecture. We are passionate about creating stunning spaces that are both functional and beautiful. Our team brings a unique blend of expertise in design, construction, and project management to every project we undertake.
With a focus on collaboration and communication, we work closely with our clients to understand their vision and bring it to life. Whether it's a residential or commercial project, we approach each one with the same level of care and attention to detail. Our goal is to create spaces that not only meet our clients' needs but exceed their expectations.
TYPES OF BUILDING
Site Evaluation & Planning
Interior Architectural Design
An information gathering phase that will be the foundation for the design phases to follow. The main goal is to learn everything possible about our client's goals and space requirements.
• background research about site & location
• survey of existing conditions
• determine zoning & land use requirements
• confirm project feasibility/alternatives
In this phase, we begin the process of translating the Program into an efficient building design. This is when we start exploring design concepts; it is the time for testing options and getting a general idea of the look and feel.
• sketches & models to explore ideas, concepts & relationships
• client feedback & refinements
• preliminary floor plans & exterior concept ready for further development
By the end of this phase, the building exterior will be more fully designed, the interior layout completed, dimensions of all spaces finalized, and most materials selected.
The design drawings are developed into a precise and thorough set of construction documents containing all of the information necessary to communicate the design to a general contractor and build the project.
• significant advancement and further refinement of the design
• structural engineer & other consultants added to team
• preliminary cost estimating & value engineering
• outline specification
• client decisions on materials & finishes
• specify all fixtures & components to be installed
• dimensioned drawings & connection details
The construction drawings, along with any additional information required to get a permit are submitted to the
city / jurisdiction for review and approval.
• building, land use & energy code compliance checklists and forms
• historic district or community design review (if applicable)
• monitor application progress & provide additional information as requested
Some clients already have a contractor in mind when they come to us, but many take advantage of our extensive contractor rolodex and relationships to find their builder and obtain competitive bids.
During construction, the architect's roles advisor to the owner. During this phase we visit the job site at regular intervals to answer questions from the builder and proactively address potential issues.
• issue drawings and specs to bidding contractors
• answer questions from bidders & issue formal clarifications if necessary
• review & compare bids and advise owner
• regular on-site meetings with you and your builder
• review pay applications from general contractor & subcontractor shop drawings
• final punch list